Black Pepper UdonApril 15, 2017
Steamed Egg With Milk – 燉蛋April 27, 2017
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
for 2 to 3 servings
- 3 chicken drumsticks
- 3 chicken thighs
- *2 cups buttermilk
- *4 tbsp spice mix
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups full cream milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Spice mix to taste
- Combine full cream milk with lemon juice.
- Give it a quick stir. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all the spice mix ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large baking dish, mix chicken with 2 tbsp of spice mix and buttermilk.
- Roll chicken until well coated.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- While waiting for the oil to heat up, mix all-purpose flour with 2 tbsp of spice mix.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and drain off excess.
- Dip chicken in the flour mixture.
- Roll and pack it until well coated. Shake off any excess.
- Place chicken on a wire rack and over some kitchen towel. If chicken looks damp, Roll in the flour mixture again.
- Working in batches, first, fry all drumsticks for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain and rest drumsticks on a wire rack over some kitchen towel for 10 minutes.
- Fry drumsticks for a second time, only for 3 minutes, to crisp up the skin.
- Drain on a rack. Repeat with thighs.
- Plate and garnish with some lemon wedges and fresh parsley.
- Sprinkle additional spice mix to your taste. Enjoy!