Have you ever describe any food (especially pizza) as sinful because it is too tasty but at the same time unhealthy? Well, for our Cauliflower Crust Pizza, this is not the case! We have swapped the carbo-loaded crust with cauliflower!
Head here if you want to see more healthy recipes.
How to make Cauliflower Crust Pizza
for 2 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and grated
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ cauliflower head, grated
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Freshly sliced basil leaves
- Add olive into a medium-low heat saucepan.
- Add garlic. Stir for about a minute until fragrant. Do not brown the garlic!
- Turn heat to low.
- Add fresh oregano. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add dried oregano and chilli flakes. Stir to mix.
- Add grated tomatoes and ketchup. Bring to a simmer.
- Add salt and sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Grate cauliflower until fine.
- In a frying pan, cook grated cauliflower for a few minutes to draw out some moisture on low heat. Do not overcook the cauliflower.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients for the crust.
- On a greased baking tray, pour in cauliflower dough and flatten it into a rounded pizza crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 230°C.
Assemble the pizza
- Spread sauce over the crust evenly.
- Top with lots of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 230°C or until cheese are melted.
- Top with sliced fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!