Chocolate Lava Cake or “心太軟”– A dessert made from a dreamy milky chocolate-fluffy cake filled with scrumptious molten lava chocolate filling. Served with ice-cold vanilla ice cream on top.
This amazing dessert is made with just 5 ingredients – chocolate, butter, eggs, sugar, and flour. In this recipe, we used the Callebaut Recipe N° 811 Dark Chocolate, the finest Belgian chocolate that lifts our recipe to a whole new level.
How to make Chocolate Lava Cake
for 4 servings
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 3 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- Some butter and sugar to grease and dust 4 ramekins
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cocoa powder
- Preheat oven at 210 degrees Celsius. Please take note that oven setting may varies.
- Grease ramekins with butter and dust with sugar. Shake off excess sugar.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add dark chocolate and butter. Microwave at 20-second intervals. Stir in between intervals. Repeat until chocolate and butter is fully melted.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until foamy.
- Mix flour into the egg-sugar mixture.
- Gradually add melted chocolate into the egg-sugar-flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Divide chocolate batter evenly between the four ramekins. The ramekins shouldn’t be more than 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top is set and the edges of the cake starts to pull away from the ramekin.
- Let cakes sit for 2 to 3 minutes when they come out from the oven.
- Flip ramekin upside-down onto a dessert plate.
- Gently tap the ramekin and cake should fall out.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and cocoa powder, or simply icing sugar.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!