Easy Spring Onion Chicken Soup “葱鸡汤” is a comforting bowl of goodness that is perfect for those rainy days!
With just a handful of ingredients and a simple process, this soup is perfect for those seeking a delicious meal in no time. In under 30 minutes, you’ll find yourself savouring a bowl filled with the rich essence of tender chicken and aromatic spring onions.
As the rain drizzles outside, this soup becomes an ideal companion, warming both body and soul. The fragrant notes of spring onions blend harmoniously with the savoury chicken, creating a delightful harmony of flavours that will leave you yearning for more.
If you like time-saving recipes, we have prepared a list of easy recipes just for you.
How to Make Easy Spring Onion Chicken Soup
3 to 4
2 whole chicken legs, deboned and cut into bite-size
3 stalks spring onion, chopped
2 tbsp ginger, minced
2 tsp salt
2 tsp white pepper powder
1 tbsp Shaoxing wine (optional)
1.5 l boiling water
Salt to taste
White pepper powder to taste
Sugar to taste
Spring onion, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken, salt, white pepper and Shaoxing wine (optional). Mix evenly. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Boil 1.5 litres of water and keep it boiling.
- Using a casserole, heat oil on medium heat.
- Cook chicken skin-side down for 2 to 3 minutes or until the skins are crispy.
- Flip chicken. Add minced ginger and chopped spring onion (white parts only).
- Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add boiling water until just enough to cover the chicken. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining boiling water and simmer for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- In the serving bowls, add chopped spring onion (green parts only).
- Pour soup while it is still steaming hot directly into serving bowls that are filled with spring onions.
- Serve and enjoy! Goes very well with fragrance white rice.