Are you a fan of Kimchi Macaroni or just kimchi to be precise?
Kimchi may not be the love of first taste due to its pungent smell and taste, plus it is fermented vegetables. However, we have a way to mellow down the flavour by pairing it with macaroni and chicken. We hope this simple recipe could trigger your love for kimchi.
If you love Kimchi, we have some creative ways to along with it.
How to make Kimchi Macaroni
for 2 servings
- 200 g macaroni
- 150 g kimchi, cut in small pieces
- 1 boneless and skinless chicken thigh, sliced
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped in 1-inch lengths
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt for macaroni
- Chop spring onions in 1-inch lengths. Separate white and green parts. Set aside.
- Thinly slice chicken thigh.
- Marinate chicken with salt and white pepper. Set aside.
- Cut kimchi in chunks similar to the size of a macaroni. Set aside.
- In boiling water, add salt and olive oil.
- Add macaroni. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Undercook macaroni by 3 minutes from the instruction. Drain and set aside.
- On a medium-heat wok, heat up 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Add white parts of spring onions. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds or until fragrance.
- Add chicken. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Add kimchi. Give it a quick mix.
- Add sugar and green parts of spring onions. Stir-fry until well mixed.
- Add macaroni.
- Off heat. Give it a thorough mix.
- Plate and serve. Enjoy!