This One-Pan Spanish Seafood Rice recipe is easy enough for any dinner, yet fancy enough to serve to guests. Full of Spanish flair and amazingly tasty! This dish has been simplified from the original Spanish rice, the Paella. The original variant requires baking, and often calls for more protein options, and requires a very expensive ingredient, the Saffron.
If you enjoyed this dish, we have more seafood recipes for you.
How to make One-Pan Spanish Seafood Rice
for 2 servings
- 1 cup short grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 boneless chicken thighs
- 6 prawns
- 6 mussels
- 6 clams
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cloves shallot, chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cut each chicken thigh into 3 pieces.
- Dice red, yellow and green bell peppers.
- Finely chop tomatoes.
- Dice onion.
- Chop garlic and shallot.
- Chop parsley and cut lemons into wedges.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken with skin side down.
- Sear each side about 2 to 3 minutes until browned and half-cooked.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
Cook vegetables and rice
- Add olive oil into the same pan.
- Add onion. Saute onion until soften.
- Add garlic and shallot. Saute until lightly browned and aromatic.
- Add bell peppers. Saute until soften.
- Add tomatoes. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Add rice. Stir until evenly coated.
- Add chicken and paprika powder. Stir until evenly coated.
- Pour in hot chicken stock.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes until rice is tender.
- Add prawns, mussels and clams.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Sprinkle parsley and garnish with lemon wedges. Enjoy!