Chicken rice has been a staple food among Malaysians and Singaporeans. I can have it every day. But to make Hainanese chicken rice at home and better still, using a rice cooker? Who would have guessed it?
If you liked this recipe, we have made some one-pot recipes to ease your busy schedule.
How to make One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice
for 2 servings
- 1 cup rice
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 boneless chicken thigh
- 4 slices ginger
- 2 tsp chicken stock, powdered
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 stalks 10-cm-pieces green onion
- Fresh parsley
- Fried onion
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tsp green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- In a rice cooker, combine washed rice, water and seasonings.
- Mix ingredients until nicely combined.
- Add chicken and green onion stalks on top.
- Close lid and press “Cook”.
- Once it is cooked, let it steam for 10 minutes.
- Discard green onion stalks and ginger from the rice.
- Remove chicken. Cut chicken into 1-cm-pieces or bite size.
- Give the rice a good mix to combine the flavors.
- For the sauces, simply combine the respective ingredients into 2 bowls and mix well.
- Plate and top with fresh parsley and fried onions.
- Serve along with the sauces. Enjoy!