Embark on a fiery culinary adventure with our “Spicy Baked Beans on Toast”, an explosion of flavours featuring the exceptional Sunstar Baked Beans! Crafted with the robust essence of Sunstar Baked Beans, this dish takes classic comfort food to a whole new level.
Imagine the sizzle in the pan as the bake beans mingle with the smoky richness of beef bacon, the bold kick of chillies, and the savoury allure of Worcestershire sauce. Every element harmonizes into a spicy symphony that promises to ignite your taste buds.
Our sponsor, Sunstar Baked Beans, brings a velvety texture and a delightful sweetness to the dish, elevating it to gourmet heights. As you spread this flavorful medley over toasted sourdough bread, you’ll experience the perfect fusion of textures and tastes—a crunchy embrace meeting the luscious, spicy beans.
How to Make Spicy Baked Beans on Toast
400 g (1 can) baked beans
100 g beef bacon, cut into small strips
1/2 of a large red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red chilli, chopped
Cracked black pepper
- Heat up a skillet on medium.
- Add about a tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Once the oil starts smoking, add bacon, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir-fry until the bacon turns slightly crispy.
- Add red onion. Stir-fry until the onion turns slightly soft.
- Add garlic. Stir-fry until the garlic turns slightly browned.
- Add chilli. Stir-fry for about a minute.
- Add brown sugar. Stir-fry until the bacon turns browned and extra crispy.
- Add a table to 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add baked beans. Mix all ingredients and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Toast any choice of bread. We recommend sourdough bread.
- Lay a heaving spoon of the spicy baked beans on the toast and enjoy!