Spicy Korean Fried Chicken or “닭강정 Dakgangjeong” in Korean is the BEST recipe we ever made!
The stickiness, sweetness, and spiciness from the hot sauce will literally numb your tongue on every bite but I bet you’ll ask for more. On top of that, we double-fried our chicken to make it super crunchy on the outside but tender and juicy on the inside – it is truly finger-lickin’ good!
Tip: If you like it extra spicy, add more “Gochujang” and balance the saltiness with brown sugar.
For the spicy food lover, we have prepared a list of hot and spicy recipes for you.
How to make Spicy Korean Fried Chicken
for 2 servings
- 6 chicken wings
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp rice wine (optional)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup corn flour
- Oil for deep-frying
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp Korean chilli paste “Gochujang” (or to taste)
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Some cooking oil
- Toasted white sesame seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken wings, salt, black pepper, rice wine (optional) and egg. Mix evenly.
- Add all-purpose flour and corn flour. Mix until wings are evenly coated with flour.
- Heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Deep-fry wings for about 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove from oil and drain.
- Increase heat to high.
- Fry wings for another 3 to 5 minutes or until crispy golden browned. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together chilli paste, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil on medium-heat.
- Add garlic. Stir-fry until lightly browned.
- Add mixed hot sauce. Cook for about 3 or 4 minutes or until thicken.
- Add fried chicken wings. Toss until all wings are evenly coated with hot sauce.
- Off heat.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and give it a final toss.
- Serve and enjoy!