Today, we are going to turn a can of boring tuna into the most glorious snack with a touch of Thai – Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes.
Share with us what else have you made from a can of tuna.
How to make Spicy Tuna Fish Cakes
for 2 servings
- 1 canned tuna
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Place drained tuna in a mixing bowl.
- Flake tuna with fork.
- Add yellow onion, green onion, coriander, kaffir lime leaves, red chilli and ginger. Give it a quick mix.
- Add all seasonings. Mix well.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Using hands, squeeze and knead all ingredients until well combined.
- Shape up a golf-ball-sized meat. Lightly squeeze to drain some moisture. Roll it on both palms until rounded. Give it some gently taps to flatten it into a nugget.
- In a medium heat pan, fry fish nuggets for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until browned.
- Serve with your favourite hot sauce. Enjoy!