Steamed Egg With Milk or “燉蛋 dan daan” in Chinese is a classic Chinese dessert and is very popular in Malaysia. The good one is very difficult to find these days. We found one but… Hey, fret not! I am going to show you how to make it from home.
How to make Steamed Egg With Milk
for 2 servings
- 6 tbsp water
- 60 g rock sugar, broken into small pieces
- 320 ml milk
- 1 ½ tsp ginger
- 2 eggs, beaten
- On low-heat, add rock sugar into 6 tbsp of water.
- Stir occasionally until all sugar are melted.
- Add milk and ginger. Stir well.
- Heat milk until steaming then off the heat.
- Add beaten eggs into the milk. Stir CONSTANTLY until well-combined.
- Strain milk-egg mixture into 2 bowls.
- Cover bowls with aluminium foil to avoid uneven surface caused by the dripping condensed water while steaming.
- Line pan with a cloth to stop bowls from jiggling around.
- Place bowls on top of the cloth.
- Pour boiling water around the bowls until halfway of the sides.
- Steam on medium-low heat for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!