Khao Pad Sapparod is Thai-style fried rice with pineapple, usually plated on the pineapple skin served in restaurants. The common ingredients are pineapple (obviously), shrimps or chicken (or non for fully vegan diet), cashew nuts, raisins, tomatoes, curry powder, and fish sauce. In this recipe, I have chosen shrimps for the protein choice because the flavour complements well with pineapple compared to chicken.
If you love Thai food, definitely check out our Thai recipes here.
How to make Thai Style Pineapple Fried Rice
for 2 servings
- 2 eggs
- 12 shrimps, shelled and deveined
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 500 g cooked rice, refrigerated
- ⅓ cup roasted cashew nuts
- 1 cup pineapple
- ⅓ raisins
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ white pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable into in a wok.
- Add 2 eggs. Scramble the eggs.
- Add shrimps. Cook shrimps until almost cooked.
- Add diced onion. Stir-fry for about a minute until onion turned slightly translucent.
- Add cooked rice. Stir-fry and break up the rice until no more chunks.
- Add all seasonings. Stir-fry until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Add cashew nuts, pineapple and raisins. Stir-fry for about a minute until pineapple turn slightly darker yellow.
- Off the heat.
- Add tomato and spring onions. Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!