One-Pot Hainanese Chicken RiceFebruary 22, 2017
Shrimp Scampi SpaghettiFebruary 27, 2017
One-Pan Spanish Seafood Rice
This one-pan Spanish seafood rice recipe is easy enough for any dinner, yet fancy enough to serve to guests. Full of Spanish flair and amazingly tasty!
for 2 servings
- 1 cup short grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 boneless chicken thighs
- 6 prawns
- 6 mussels
- 6 clams
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cloves shallot, chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cut each chicken thigh into 3 pieces.
- Dice red, yellow and green bell peppers.
- Finely chop tomatoes.
- Dice onion.
- Chop garlic and shallot.
- Chop parsley and cut lemons into wedges.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken with skin side down.
- Sear each side about 2 to 3 minutes until browned and half-cooked.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
Cook vegetables and rice
- Add olive oil into the same pan.
- Add onion. Saute onion until soften.
- Add garlic and shallot. Saute until lightly browned and aromatic.
- Add bell peppers. Saute until soften.
- Add tomatoes. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Add rice. Stir until evenly coated.
- Add chicken and paprika powder. Stir until evenly coated.
- Pour in hot chicken stock.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes until rice is tender.
- Add prawns, mussels and clams.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Sprinkle parsley and garnish with lemon wedges. Enjoy!