Overnight Oats 4 WaysAugust 11, 2017
Hong Kong Style Egg Tarts – 港式蛋撻September 8, 2017
Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Wings
for 2 to 3 servings
- 6 chicken wings
- 6 salted egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 20 -30 curry leaves
- 2-3 dried chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- Some potato starch for fyring
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, mix together chicken wings, salt, white pepper, sugar and rice wine.
- Marinate for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Separate 6 salted egg yolks from the whites.
- Steam egg yolks for 10 minutes on medium-heat.
- Mash steamed egg yolks as fine as possible. Set aside.
- Add 1 egg into the chicken wings. Mix until evenly coated.
- Evenly coat chicken wings with potato starch.
- Deep-fry chicken wings for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil into medium heat frying pan.
- Add curry leaves and dried chillies. Stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add butter. Stir until butter is melted.
- Add mashed salted egg yolks. Stir-fry until foamy.
- Add ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for about a minute.
- Add evaporated milk. Stir-fry until well mixed.
- Add fried chicken wings. Toss until evenly coated.
- Serve while it’s hot (everyone will be cheering at you by now).