Shrimp Scampi SpaghettiFebruary 27, 2017
One-Pan Chicken and Broccoli RiceMarch 7, 2017
Spicy Clam Noodle Soup
for 2 servings
- 100 g rice noodles
- 200 g clams
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 chilli, sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 3 lime leaves
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 4-5 slices ginger
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- Slice shallots.
- Slice chilli. Tip: Remove seeds if can’t take the heat (remember to wash your hand!).
- Remove the bottom part of lemongrass. Bruise the head with the back of a knife.
- Chop into 2 pieces each.
- Remove joins from the lime leaves.
- Chop coriander.
- Peel ginger with spoon. Slice roughly.
- Boil chicken stock.
- Add shallot, chilli, lemongrass, lime leaves, coriander and ginger.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes.
Cook noodles and bean sprouts
- Soak rice noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Soak bean sprout in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Add clams into the broth.
- Add fish sauce and sugar.
- Cook clams for 3 to 5 minutes or until they are all opened.
- Remove and discard ginger, lime leaves and lemongrass from the broth.
- Add lime juice into the broth.
- Place noodles in a bowl. Top with bean sprouts and clams.
- Ladle soup around the noodles.
- Garnish with fresh coriander. Enjoy!