Easy Chicken Green CurryJuly 13, 2017
Overnight Oats 4 WaysAugust 11, 2017
Three-Cup Chicken – 三杯鸡
for 2 to 3 servings
- 2 chicken whole legs
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup Shaoxing wine or rice wine (optional)
- 40 g ginger, thinly sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- 2 hot chilli peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- A handful of Thai sweet basil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Some salt
- Some white pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- On medium-high heat, cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and chop chicken into bite size.
- Heat frying pan on medium-low.
- Add sesame oil and ginger. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add garlic and chillies. Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken and soy sauce. Stir until well coated.
- Add Shaoxing wine. Stir-fry and simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar. Stir until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Uncover and cook for 1-2 minutes to reduce the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat up claypot on medium-low.
- Add onion and half of the Thai sweet basil. Stir-fry for about a minute.
- Add chicken. Stir until well mixed.
- Top with the other half of Thai sweet basil.
- Off the heat and cover.
- Let steam for 1 minute.
- Good to serve with white rice. Enjoy!