Today, I am going to show you how to easily make a banana cake using a rice cooker. Yes, no baking, no oven.
Rice cooker is a very versatile kitchen equipment that literary every household should have. Not only it cooks rice to perfection (you must know the water-to-rice ratio of course), but it can also be used to make chicken rice, porridge, soup, desserts, stir-fry, or even as a hotpot.
How to make Easy Rice Cooker Banana Cake
for 4 servings
- 3 large ripe bananas
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp salt
- And some vegetable oil to coat the rice cooker’s pot
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas. Do not over mash! Leaving small chunks are okay.
- Add butter, milk, vanilla extract and egg.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon powder and salt.
- Mixed until the batter has a uniform and thick, creamy consistency. Do not over mix!
- Lightly coat rice pot with vegetable oil.
- Pour batter evenly into the rice pot.
- Start the cooker.
- Please take note: Some rice cookers may take more than one cooking cycles. Once your first cycle is completed, poke a toothpick into the center of the cake. If toothpick comes out clean, the cake is cooked. Otherwise, let cool for 5 minutes, and start the cooker one more time. Repeat the process until cake is cooked through.
- Let the cake cool completely before serving. Enjoy!