Rice cooker is a very versatile kitchen equipment that literary every household should have. Not only it cooks rice to perfection (you must know the water-to-rice ratio of course), but it can also be used to make chicken rice, porridge, soup, desserts, stir-fry, or even as a hotpot.
Today, I am going to show you how to easily make a cheesecake using a rice cooker. Yes, no baking, no oven.
How to make Easy Rice Cooker Cheesecake
for 3 to 4 servings
- 2 egg yolks
- 40 g sugar
- 100 g yogurt
- 200 g cream cheese
- 20 g butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 60 g cake flour
- 2 egg whites
- 60 g sugar
- Icing sugar
- Let all ingredients cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together egg yolks, sugar, yogurt, cream cheese, butter and lemon juice. Whisk until no lumps.
- Sieve cake flour into the mixture. Whisk until well combined. Do not over whisk it. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add sugar gradually and keep beating egg whites until soft peak.
- Gently fold meringue into the cheesecake batter in 3 batches.
- Spread some butter on the bottom and the side of the rice cooker pot.
- Pour batter evenly into the rice cooker pot.
- Cook the mixture for 2 to 3 cycles or until the cake is cooked through.
- Poke a toothpick into the center of the cake, if it comes out clean, the cake is cooked.
- (Optional) Top the cake with icing sugar or fresh berries. Enjoy!