Did you notice that I named this dish Fried Cauliflower Rice and not Cauliflower Fried Rice? That is because I literary swapped the rice with cauliflower! We all loved fried rice. So today, I am going to show you a (much more) healthier version of this Asian comfort food. Be prepared to get healthy!
How to make Fried Cauliflower Rice
for 2 servings
- 1 cauliflower head, riced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup long bean, diced
- 200 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
Seasonings for long beans and shrimps
- ½ tsp salt
Seasonings for rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- Fresh spring onion, chopped
- Break apart cauliflower into small florets. Using food processor, grind cauliflower until you get the size of rice grains.
- Add salt into boiling water.
- Add diced long beans and cook 3 minutes.
- Add shrimps and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat up vegetable oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add beaten eggs. Scramble eggs for about 10 seconds or until half-cooked.
- Add riced cauliflower. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add cooked long beans and shrimps.
- Add dark soy sauce. Stir fry and mix for about 30 seconds or until evenly coloured.
- Add light soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Stir fry for another 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat. Add green onions. Give it a final stir.
- Plate and top with some chopped fresh green onions. Enjoy!